Retirement Plan

Perhaps it's not too early to think about retirement. Although for many of us, it is still a long way to go, there's really no harm if we start thinking about it -- and preparing for it -- from now.

So what is it going to be? Maybe we can devise a plan, or several plans, from now on and start working towards achieving that plan. I think we've got to have Plan A, Plan B and so on, so that when the time comes, we can always have something to fall back on.

Maybe we should think seriously about taking new skills and upgrade ourselves, like pursuing post-graduate courses. Those already with first degree might want to think about pursuing a Master's Degree.

As for me, my plan goes something like this: first, improve my English, then take writing courses and at the same time, further my study maybe on part-time basis. The preparation for that, would kick in once I'm back in Malaysia.

If I live to retirement age, I actually want to do some serious writing and in order to be credible in what I'll be doing, I've got to be able to show some paper qualifications on top of my work-related experience. I'm thinking of various courses, like criminology or maybe Southeast Asian studies or ethnic relations, or war studies... something unique, something strategic.

I know some of us can do it -- that a Master's Degree by the time we reach 45 years of age is not too impossible to achieve.

So, think about it, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment