I can already sense the excitement in the air. Three members of the community will be taking a flight back to the Masin Asin homeland this early November -- Mick, Wai and Konong.

Another one -- Nuar -- will ride a boat across the sea from Jambongan island. Others would be driving home from various directions.

The destinaton: a house in Masin Asin. One member of the community would not be able to make the journey: me. I am sorry, I can't make it. I would like to have the opportunity though, to be able to once again reunite after all these while -- like what we used to do years ago in distant memories. But that can't be change now. So I shall just sit here in Temasek and to carry on living.

I read in the tag-board about someone mentioning about broiling a tapioca or what we say in momogun mongolugu tampasuk. Bah, go ahead and broil the tapiocas. Just be careful when eating it -- because it can really stain the teeth if you don't clean it properly before eating it. To members of the community, enjoy the holiday and the reunion.

Just remember, I will be there in spirit. I will always be there in spirit no matter what happen to my physical being. Send my best regard to ama and iyai.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    "Just remember, I will be there in spirit. I will always be there in spirit no matter what happen to my physical being. Send my best regard to ama and iyai"

    - antara frasa tok penghulu yg sangat2 berharga saat pemergian kami ke kg... Ya, Tok Penghulu pasti akan 'berada' di sana, dingati, dirindui di antara gelak tawa dan air mata desa masinasin. Wish we are all here...

    MICK
    =L=E=M= said...
    Ok....your best regard will be sent to our lovely parents.....

    ba....nanti kami hati2 makan linugu ubi kayu...terutamanya yang rusuk...hehehe...
    Anonymous said...
    kenangan silam yang belum terlepas dari ingatan..

    Tiga budak hitam lari-lari meniti permatang. Ditangan sebelah ada bahai dan sebelah lagi ada 'gampa'. tiada selipar mereda kusingan yang masih kecil. dari jauh kelihatan mereka terbongkok2 mengorek sesuatu. Tiba-tiba.." Nunu mangan dikoo sino? Araag ino sibor. Mogkorotan kou banar. Siongo ma tonsi dot katatanom". kesian mereka balik dengan tangan kosong. Tu la sebabnya mereka tu terus mencari tampasuk sehingga sekarang..keh!keh!..

Post a Comment